Business Licenses

Every person engaged or intending to engage in any calling, business, occupation or profession within the city limits of Dillon is required to pay an annual license fee and obtain a Business License from the City. This includes businesses or professionals located elsewhere who conduct business within the corporate limits of Dillon.

Before doing business in Dillon, it is always a good idea to call the Department of Code Enforcement to discuss your license requirements. We are quite eager to assist you with the application process at (843)774-0040 extension 1012.

How to Obtain a Business License

We recognize that business owners have time, effort, money and dreams invested in their business. In order to better serve the needs of all business owners, resident and non-resident, The City of Dillon Building, Zoning and Business License offices is all located within the Department of Code Enforcement on the 1st floor of the Dillon City\County Complex Building at 401 West Main Street, Dillon, South Carolina in order to help streamline the process of meeting the requirements for obtaining a business license, permit, etc…making it as simple and convenient as possible for businesses coming into our City.

Business license applications and rate sheets may be obtained at the Department of Code Enforcement, P.O. Drawer 431 - 401 West Main Street, Dillon, S.C. 29536. All businesses must meet:

  • Building Codes
  • Zoning Codes
  • Fire & Safety Codes
  • Sign Ordinances
  • State and Local Laws
  • Business License Ordinance/Code

Retail Licenses

These are required by some businesses and are issued by the S.C. Department of Revenue. There is a branch office in Florence and they may be contacted at (843)661-4850 for information on these and other State required licenses and permits.

Restaurant, grocery stores, or other businesses that handle food must obtain approval from the health department prior to operation. There is a branch office in Dillon and they may be contacted at (843)774-0648 for information. If any alcohol is served, an Alcoholic Beverage License is required by Law and they may be contacted at (803)898-5864.